Saturday, May 19, 2012

Day 7

Internet is back!!

We have a great few days.
Two days ago we got a full day of rain! First real rain since October! We helped clean the Johnson's yard area for a get together with the youth later that night. We had so much fun cleaning.
Yesterday we went outside of Ompetepec to La Boluda. We ended up playing a game with the girls at the school. We were mixed in with the girls on each team. During halftime, I (Riley) shared my testimony. It was clear the Lord spoke through me. I felt like I didn't say it right. But the Lord grabbed my words and spoke them to everyone for me. Praise the Lord!
We have had a lot of fun together, many random things, quotes and jokes.
Yesterday we were all challenged to sit ad be reminded of why we are here and to put on the Armor of God to protect us from small attacks that bring us down. It has been REALLLY hot. That seams to be the biggest struggle... It's been hard to look past the heat.
Today we are headed to Pinotepa to put on clinics and play in the afternoon. Please be in prayer for our travels and safety while we play.

Please be in prayer for Heather and Casey. Heather has not bee feeling to well. She got antibiotics. She played yesterday during futbol rapido, 5v5, and scored probably 8 times in a row! But she is feeling it this morning. Just a little tired.
Casey has developed up a rash on her hands. We are trying to figure it out. We thought maybe it was the Mangos. Now we think it's just a heat rash of some sort. But it itches a lot. I think she may go to the Doctor when we get back today.

Gracias por sus oraciones! (thank you for all your prayers!)

Ps. We all love learning and trying to speak in Spanish! Many of us are starting to think and write in our journals in Spangish!

2 comments:

  1. Hey guys! Sounds like things are going well and you're having fun! We've gotten a fair amout of rain here too. It rained all day Monday, and part of Tuesday. I tried to film it with my phone on Tuesday and email it to Jenna, but it didn't do right. I'm kinda new at it. :-)Not much going on here, I'm working hard at getting stronger, and I'm actually studying a language myself! I'm studying French since I have a background in it. I'm also gearing up for my voice recital on June 2 where I'm going to be singing "One Moment in Time" by Whitney Houston. I'm super excited! That's great that you guys are starting to think and write in Spanish! I thought that would be the case! I've always discovered that the best way to learn something is to immerse yourself in it, whether it's language or music or whatever! That's how I'm polishing my song, it's actually my ringtone! Anyway it's late so I should go back to bed! I'm praying for and miss you guys and please tell Heather and Casey I'm praying that they'll get better. Can't wait for more updates!

    Bear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I forgot to mention that Tuesday during my music lesson I'm going to try to film my dress rehearsal of the recital so you guys can see it. I'll email it to Jenna and post it to facebook. Hugs to everyone!

    ReplyDelete